R4GC (Use R!) Community Meetups
(Almost) every Friday, we meet at lunch time to talk about various Data Science topics. The meetings are done via MS Teams, the dial-in numbers are posted on the GCCollab R4GC communithy events page.
Below are some highlights from the past meetings and topics for the future planned ones. Complete list is posted in GCwiki https://wiki.gccollab.ca/UseR!#meetups.
If you don’t have access to GCcollab or GCwiki, but work with GC, you can request access to those resources and our community meetups, by contacting dmitry.gorodnichy @ cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
“Lunch and Learn Data Science with R”
- 12 Nov - 19 Nov 2021: Text Analysis with R follow-up / Converting codes to Shiny App
- 15 Oct - 5 Nov 2021: We don’t meet, because of the 2021 International Methodology Symposium
- 8 Oct 2021: Text Analysis with R. Part 1: identifying near-duplicate documents
- 1 Oct 2021: Shiny App to summarize very large, high-dimensional tables (code & app provided)
- 30 Jul - 17 Sep 2021: Geo/Spatial coding and visualization with R. (code provided)
- 16 Jul 2021: Dual Coding - Python and R unite ! (code provided)
- 9 Jul 2021: Exploring ggplots (recording, code provided)
- 2 Jul 2021: Parsing GC Tables (code provided)
- 25 Jun 2021: Using the Open Government Portal API within R (recording, code on github.com/open-canada)
- 21 Apr 2021: Analyzing PSES results using R and Shiny
- 16 Apr - 15 May 2021: Building R packages (recording, codes provided)